Sunday, November 22, 2015

Day 18- Improvements

Today i woke overjoyed that i had actually gotten 12 hrs of sleep.I still haven't drank and have been slowly slowly getting used to some herbal relaxation. It seems to keep me less agitated and helps me to sleep better, altho i do still take my 50 mgs of trazadone if i wake after only a few hours..but the combination has been good. Additionally i was able to nap well from 815p-915p tonite before work( with no meds or herbals) and i am actually awake and motivated tonight.I even did some extra cleaning and organizing at my case. 

My back still hurts but didnt really start until after 7 tonight. I watched Jonah from 3p-730p and actually had ENERGY to play well with him the whole time! Awesome!..so..2 good things this week.I am still so glad i quit drinking.Have had no temptations or  wrestlings with my conscience about it..even on the 3 thursday nights off so far:)

I got another  doctor bill on thursday for a regular dr. visit..another $115..that was the final straw..i paid out $2470 for medical / hospital insurance plus dental, vision this past year..it covered almost nothing at all..now i am in the hole for an extra 5,000 in medical bills on top of it. Because it was through my employer and not the marketplace, i won't even get a tax credit. I may even get a penalty because a letter was sent at one point stating my insurance does not meet the minimum requirements by the government. So, if i stay uncovered i will be paying a $375 penalty for 2016 and a $695 penalty for 2017. Still i will save the medical premiums and i will actually know upfront what the cost of anything is since i'll have to pay out of pocket as i go. And usually self- pay gets a discount.I will save on the premiums= $1976/yr.

 i  have also cancelled my gym membership (359.40/year) and stopped tanning (514.80/year) as well as gave up my gallery space at King's Courtyard(600/yr) .I added up all i had spent through the year on alcohol..amazingly $1632..and that was just what i bought, not including Scotts contribution..so i'll be saving that $ as well.Additionally i will save the extra vehicle maintenance, registration fee, and my CRV gets about 28-30 mpg...so my gas cost are way down as well.instead of approximately $50/week, i can fill up for approximately $25/week.So theres another $1300/yr. And my insurance will be around $100 instead of $126 ( and will go down more in February when the garage door incident from 2013 comes off my record) So thats another $1362.But the biggest immediate savings was the lower total car payments-from $639 down to $469 a month = $2040per year.

BAM- just like that i saved myself $9783/yr a year.


The last few weeks i have been paying extra on my credit card debt which is down to $1200, and i have been putting $ into savings . i think im up to around $700 .

When i look back at all the crap i paid out unnecessarily i have to say it's taught me a new lesson...never be too lazy to make some phone calls, check around for better deals, and know what you are paying for. I knew all this but have been too complacent in my alcohol soaked brain to even deal with it. Now i am.

So Halleluja and Praise God...I'm finally doing something better:)

No comments: