Thursday, August 20, 2015

Everyday I'm Hustlin' ( and 10 more secrets about me)

This particular blog is for two kinds of people: those who either want to get to know me better, or those already like or love me. But it's also for me.

You see, this blog isn't just any old blog..it's also my diary, my confidante, my venting area, and a reminder of the person i was and have become- at different times in my life. As i sometimes go back through and re read my own posts from years previous( yes, i somehow am entertained by that) i am able to gauge what has changed-for the better or for worse. Mostly i am in awe of myself at how much energy i seemed to use to have, how busy and full my life seemed( i think -"how did i do all this stuff all the time?")..which was also depressing..ugh..aging!
However , i noticed today that i MAY not be so bad and decrepit as i think..after all..every day i'm hustlin'!( caution- lots of foul language in the song)

https://youtu.be/5betFZRICVg


Anyway- so here is my typical daily grind:

I work saturday through  wednesday 11p -7 am..so i drive home( about an hour) , get in bed about 8-830. Preferably i wake at about 4-430p. It takes my brain about an hour to have my one cup of coffee, plus a cup of super antioxidant green tea with honey....i usually get on Facebook for a very brief time( to check messages etc) then check emails , texts , etc. Finally i will haul my tired ,old arse up to take a bath.

About two days a week i schedule tanning appointments for 630p and they usually coincide with the 2-3 days i get to the gym( afterwards). On other days i try to either get up before 4 to make phone calls to places that close at 5, or i have scheduled doctor /dentist appointments or any other appointments that come up to get to. On thursdays( my first night off) i usually try to NOT leave the house at all so i can drink a bit, relax& wind down, and

.Friday is typically recovery day. I keep my same work shift hours on my nights off. Somehow in "between-eth" all of this i try to fit in family( calling /emailing/etc)having my grandson over as much as possible, have friends over or attend something- ( art festival or some social outing) or get groceries , run errands, etc.

Its pretty exhausting. Especially working night shift.

So  to try to keep up ,i also have to remember to take all of my meds and supplements.I have recently started diatomaceous earth, and will be adding ionic silver also.I also take glucosamine chondroitin , a blood pressure med, and sometimes an antibiotic or an allergy med.If i have to leave the house, i split this up and take them in between preparing dinner, packing my lunch, housework, and getting other stuff ready for work( which i do almost everyday).

At 10 pm i leave to drive to work , and try to relax as much as possible in the car because my back is almost always in knots by this point, and driving makes it worse..Mostly i will try to take an OTC med for pain before i leave and/or use a heating pad, or the inversion table.These are my only relief measures really and they are only temporary.My back pain and sinus issues are the two most debilitating life issues i have.

When i get to work it takes about half hour - an hour to get everything in order that a nurse does, then i get online and do Facebooking again, do research, take care of bills and issues with bills etc. check my bank account,blog, etc. I am also currently working on a needle point project for my upcoming new grandson ( october) so i will work on this at night also, and chat with my BF.

I leave at 7a..drive home and it all begins again-( unless i have an early morning appointment as i sometimes do).

NOW- if you've stuck with me so far - you deserve the 10 additional secrets about me( updated from several years ago):

1. I had a traumatic experience when i was young in a corn field.I wandered in and got lost for hours- crying and distraught. Therefore i have a terrible phobia about corn fields( which i have to drive through every night ,during the season ,on my way to work- terrified). Watching Children of the Corn did not help matters.

2. I still cannot bring myself to throw away any wish bones, no matter how small. I still don't know why i do this.

3. Not really a secret here but just FYI- my most hated foods are: Bacon, Deer meat, Pop corn , and mushrooms, liver  and lemons.My favorites vary but mostly meats..and potatoes..Things have changed.I still love all kinds of squash though.

4.i have tried to quit smoking 4 times this year without success. But I'm not done trying yet.

5.I drop the f-bomb a lot..i really should work on remedying this. It's very unbecoming.

6.i am for gun control, against pot legalization( for odd reasons- not because its not an awesome drug for some, just not for me) ..i am a christian, i am polyamorous , and i am a blend of native american, italian, german and irish.I believe in civil unions, but not marriage for anyone who is not a christian .I drink, but don't do street/ illegal drugs. I smoke cigs but not pot.I am a painter/artist.Now how strangely combined can one person get?This actually barely scratches the surface..

7.I own multiple stuffed bears now and sleep with different ones at different times. I used to only own one (Travel bear- who has been with me for years) but now theres more. Also i truly do talk and communicate with my bears. They are very important to me.

8.The thing that can make me smile any time, even on the worst days is watching video clips of baby animals..usually playing or being awesomely cute)

9.It truly drives me nuts when people say "little-est or stupider/stupidest". I cringe, and sometimes get a flash headache.

10.DO NOT call me cute , ever. ......ever.

Ok - thats about it...so now.....Enjoy putting eye drops in after reading all this...:)
Namaste



2 comments:

Pete Mikkelson said...

You totally don't grocery shop! Lol

nirvana diva said...

i have the last few times..it was a struggle!lol