Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Yin Yang

When i got home this morning i was dead tired, almost wrecking on my way home. I knew i had to get to bed right away as i had a doctor appt at 330, requiring me to rise at 1pm.I slept horribly, waking every hour or so- my nose stuffy or some noise, movement, etc. Finally i got up 3 minutes before my alarm went off.
I groggily made my way to the kitchen, bumbled through making coffee( yeah, even though it was a keurig, i was THAT tired). I get online and see smart comments on a post from someone that were completely unjustified.I felt like crap.

But as i was wallowing in misery, i got a call and found out 6 of the 12 pieces i just hung at a wine gallery saturday had sold! and, even better, to a fairly prominent person in the community who gushed to me on the phone about my work! I was so unprepared i thought i was possibly dreaming.

Anyway, i hd a somewhat negative text conversation with someone , then left to the perils of driving to my doctors on almost no sleep for 24 hrs. I arrived half an hour early.The good thing was that i was able to get in and out before my actual appointment time even started and had no issue getting the script that i needed for insomnia.

I drove in a trance homeward, stopping at the pharmacy who had received the script over an hour prior. I was so close to being able to get home to nap before work. Well, as it turns out it took me longer in the pharmacy than the doctors..i waited 40 minutes for the script..ugh..i almost fell asleep in the chair.
So i get home , it's 5pm…i get into bed and cannot sleep again. I didn't want to take a pill because i only had about 3-4 hrs til i had to get up and wanted to feel refreshed.Not happening. I started coughing and getting a sore throat. i slept less than 40 minutes the entire 4 hrs.

Now i am at work. Driving here was a task in my delirious state. I am stuck wearing a mask so as not to  spread my germs.And find out the parents won't know til friday if they are going camping or not so i don't know if i'm going to be off saturday thru tues.

On the other hand, the baby is sleeping quietly for the 4th night in a row and i am grateful for that.

and this has been the balancing of my life lately..up, down, up, down.

AT least i think its slowly going in my favor:)

No comments: