Wednesday, November 10, 2010

As Promised

Ok, i know this is the 4th post in a row which includes pictures, but i usually limit them to 4, and i have previously promised to post recent paintings i have done.The first one here is actually the last one and it is done on "sustainable/green" media!I had run out of canvasses and working part time cannot afford to buys more. So i searched my home for a cheap or free medium to use in the meantime. I was about to give up & even went to the $ store & purchased 8 poster boards (2/$1.00) as a last resort...I have become obsessive about painting as of late). I decided to give one last look around the house and viola! In the back corner of my basement i found a whole box of drop ceiling tile we had left over from our previous home in Gettysburg that would never have been used for anything else. Quite possibly would have been pitched this spring when we will clean the basement.So now i have plenty of surfaces to paint!By the way though, the one here has been since painted over, i wasnt happy with it...and now have an even better one to post at a later date. Interestingly enough, i started posting my canvasses on Facebook and immediately had 3 people ask if i was interested in selling any of them..Weird. No name for the one above here, just a random experiment with my first piece of tile.It exists no more. The tile is quite absorbant and it takes a few coats to get the surface ready to accept paint similarly to canvas. I am experimenting with some sealers i have on hand to see if i can prevent that.
My rendition of a painting i saw on a wall in some home decorating magazine. No artist name was given..mine is slightly different, too.

This is called "They are still waiting"...3 ghosts watching at the window for a loved one.You have to look very close for two of them.



And finally "Rainbow Wave"...
Peace!


No comments: