Thursday, August 12, 2010

More or Less

Somehow these days i seem to have more work and less time.How does this happen as we strive to attain simplicity in our lives? i fear that , in my case, i have fallen into covering a sense of loneliness related to my husbands work hours by keeping myself as busy as possible. Additionally, i get guilted into doing extra work because there is such a shortage in all areas of the nursing field. I am sure most nurse can relate.
Somehow, i am still making time to go to the gym 2-3 times a week (although this is a decrease from my previous fitness schedule) and most people i talk to cant believe i have time to do this while also juggling 3 jobs. I tell them it's a matter of discipline, but mostly a great need for stress relief/ "me" time.
Additionally i make time for my spiritual self. I enable myself to do this by listening to cd books while driving and alternating the breif period s of reading time i have before bed with several faith based books,various bible versions, and a fiction read( for a break).It isnt easy, but i try. Most of my prayers are in the car.I am currently studying in the Septugant & Apocrypha versions containing the original Greek.For those of you who do not know what this is, it is the earlist version of the bible ,written in 285-247 B.C.,by 70 Jewish scholars-the Greek translation of the old testament,and the historical records of the intertestamental period(between the old & new testament). The most interesting & best thing about the direct translation is the different wording from King James and the NIV. For instance...in Genesis 1 :6 "And God said ,Let there be a firmament in the midst of the water, and let it be a division between water and water,and it was so." Eve is called "Living".And there is a whole section before Ecclesiasticus(Not spelled Ecclesaistes!) called Wisdom...one line states "But thy sons not the very teeth of venomous dragons overcame:for thy mercy was by them, and healed them."Ahhhh , so beautiful the language! Why did we ever translate this to our dull wordly versions!???
This leaves a little time to do housework & cook, so i have my husband do a few things here & there, which fortunately, he's pretty good about- although i have to ask if it's anything besides laundry or putting away the dishes. UN-fortunately he does not cook for me.Ever.
My new favorite to listen to via Cd is Beth Moore who has done a great study on Daniel, and Esther. Her Current CD study is called "Believing God".
Well, i better go. Gotta nap before work..and its's starting to thunder out there!

No comments: