Wednesday, March 31, 2010

And so it Ends...


monday was a little better. i slept great and was up at 10am..i was able to take my time , went to the village to get a sub & coffee(22.00!!). We went shopping at a sweet little shop we like called The Vermont Country Store. I was able to find most of my souveniers for everyone there. We came back to enjoy the free BBQ dinner at the Inn, then hopped in the jacuzzi & sauna for a bit. I think the best thing about this weekend though was that i finally discovered that i can watch my Lost episodes at Hulu.com, since i can no longer get them to load at ABC.com. Yay! I caught up on the last 6 episodes!.

Unfortunately a happy ending for the trip was not to be.

We got up early Tues. morning at 7am left by 8:30,after partaking of the free continental breakfast. We stopped for about 20 minutes at a shop my friend needed to go to then were on the road.At approximately 11:45 we got stopped about 2-300 yrads behind a horrible accident and sat in the same spot for 3 hours. when we finally got clearance to turn around for the detour we almost immediately ran in to the line of folks also trying to get on the detour exit. more waiting.we drove for a bit the ran suddenly ran into a blizzard. slowwwwer driving .

Next up was an hour 1/2 delay sitting in construction.All told, the 7 hour trip turned into 15 hours. I arrived home at 11:30 pm..exhausted, sore,and missing a night of work which i am sure i will probably be written up for .

At any rate i know there will be repurcussions.

So, happy to be home this morning, i have been busy- failing an online EKG test for which i will now have to retake the 4 days of classes for.And playing text tag with my daughter about wedding expenses and plans.Then my son comes in and needs to borrow money for his car inspection, which is due today. Ugh..when will i be able to stop complaining!!???

I have to go in to work tonight as well.

But since these past few posts have been kinda negative i have included a picture of the only reall reason for going up north(if you dont ski).Enjoy!

No comments: