Friday, February 5, 2010

Tonight's the Night(shift)

I officially start nights at the hospital tonight. My luck, a major snow storm blows into town to celebrate.
I dont think i'll mind driving in at 6pm. But the morning commute terrifies me!
I have had some pretty tricky days this past week. My doctor started me on a 2 week trial of ritalin to see if it would help me with what i thought was my A.D.D. getting worse with age. I have been very dizzy, unable to concentrate , as well as totally exhausted & off balance. I had really hoped for some relief. But the pills made things worse. I was just dizzy with my heart racing. I left a message with the doctors office weds. morning and havent heard back.I am thinking she must think i'm a hypochondriac. But for pete's sake, i almost fell down the stairs a few times this week and i am scared to peices when i'm driving that i will lose focus & wreck.
The worst fear is that i'll give someone the wrong medication at work. So far, i have been lucky.

I tried going off all my meds (all 2 of them-claritin and the sleeping pill of which i only take half anyway) but it got worse.Maybe it is all in my head.So i set up a psychiatric eval. appt. They just called to cancel. Grrrrr....am i destined to go insane?
Today & yesterday were'nt too bad.I've been a little tired, but i feel less dizzy. Perhaps it was a head cold, and i pray that ,if so, it is going away.
Enough about that.'
My cats are going to the vets today with hubbs. I just had to catch one for him since he yelled at me for being the only one who can get them. Stupid.He's the one who insisted they both go in for a check up after the dog died.
Also, i did meet with the nursing agency and have decided to do some work for them doing employee evaluations, and supervisory visits. The difference between what i had been doing and this, is that i dont have a caseload. I just look at it as some extra money, keeping my foot in the door and working in a position reserved for an RN at least.
So that's the buzz. Now i'm off to fit in some house work. Hopefully the roads will be clear tomorrow afternoon so i can start some visits and make some money!!!