Monday, November 2, 2009

The "Morning of"

Well, todays the big day.
Going into that surgery . I am starting to panic a little about being under anesthesia.
Because i know that i will be intubated and last night, after a whole week of getting better & hardly coughing at all, i woke up in a coughing fit for about an hour.
Well, my little mind starting going into all the "what-if's" about that, like
"what if i start coughing while i'm under and the knife slips ?"
"what if , after the surgery, i start coughing and the pressure from it ruptures the surgical site?"
So if anybody out there wants to or is willing, please pray for me.
Darn it, i wont be able to run this week either!
I'm also a little concerned that they said i'll need to be off 4-5 days. I've never been told that with any other surgery.And i'll have pain meds. Makes me wonder how bad i will really feel.
Last night I went to the store and got a few snacks, and drinks, a book and 2 movies.I have a little fridge in my room so in case i am feeling awful, i can at least eat or drink without having to go up & down stairs.
Sigh.
Ok, i guess i've put it off long enough. Been trying to stay in bed as long as possible since i can't have my morning coffee, or anything to eat or drink for that matter.
So , i'm gonna drag myself outta bed now...and try not to think about breakfast...Later Gators!

2 comments:

Secrets said...

Its 4:30 PM and I haven't heard anything, so I guess no news is good news. I said a prayer last nite for you. Let the world know what is going on when you can, Gator (how corny can you get?)

Blasé said...

"What If" this surgery makes you even more sweet and beautiful than you already are now?

..just trying to be positive!

You'll do fine.