Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Restoration

Spending time with a mental attitude of flexibility tonight has been a crowning touch on this weeks theme of peace & restoration in my life. After hiking Sunday & a great motorbike ride, then getting back to running Monday(with an attitude geared toward achievement) todays Yoga and spiritual discussion with a friend turned into another level gained in my peace walk.
Totally unexpectedly.
I had planned on arriving at 5p, leaving around 6:30 p, maybe catching my hubbs softball game , then going home to wrap up the details of things before work.
Yeah , that was the plan.
But somehow the universe shifted in my favor.
I spent a leisurely time enjoying the beauty of her eclectic home and property. Visiting with her horses(full size & miniature) , her miniature donkey, and dozens of lanky farm cats i felt right at home to my very core.We eventually ,made our way to a screened in gazebo, tucked away behind some outbuildings and stables for a quick yoga session, and then began discussing our spiritual views . The conversation ebbed & flowed so easily and i found myself there til 8pm!!
When i got home i tried to proceed with my plans , but i heard my dog whining & sauntered down to see what was up (feeling sorry for her) and got sucked in by that sad, yet friendly face & wagging tale begging for a walk.I left immediately with her in tow and stopped along the way twice to converse with some neighbors.
I felt so at ease, at peace, and calm at the end of the evening . I said to myself" Now, i really DID have time to get it all done. I just didnt think i did." And i didnt even allow myself to stress about it at all.
Sometimes the peace of God does pass all knowledge.And He opens up the universe to let us in for a glimpse.
Maybe i will be able to enjoy my summer after all.....

2 comments:

Blasé said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blasé said...

You have one of the better Blogs out there. If you don't mind, I'm going to attach my Cool Shades to your web page.