Monday, December 22, 2008

Crash Test

So my son wrecks yet another car last night. Not just his car, his girlfriends car. One that his girlfriend told me he had her parents ok to drive. But she lied.
Picture the scene in your own home. Then add in the stepfather who's already not been happy with my son ( for many, various reasons).I am put in the middle .
I realize my son has made a very, very bad choice. This may be something that comes back on us in so many ways. And I myself am beyond livid with the situation.But my husband was able to state that he wouldnt even be able to "see" him that night without losing control. So i sent him off with a friend(thank you, friend) in order to protect him.
Of course, my night off...not to mention Christmas ,was ruined.My nerves were shot..and overall i am drained. When i first found out, i had no idea how to react, what to do, who to call. I knew my husband would be savage about it (& he was when i called him later to tell him).
So the one side of me is the mamma bear protecting her cub, and the other side is completely empathetic to my husbands anger.
The emotional outburst are over now. I had called my mom first, talked to the friend who took my son in, and then wrote a quick post to the sister -in-law on myspace. I needed to get it out. Unfortunately on that last score i just got her response today.She is just in no way a very nice person. i gave her a second chance to be a friend to me after an incident 2 years ago.Her cold and unsupportive response is why she will never be invited to read my blog.I have truly tried with this girl. I had forgiven her(whilst gritting my teeth)for the old incident and have tried to look past it all. I suppose it's my fault for even telling her. I knew better.Her whole statement was about as warm & fuzzy as a well-diggers ass which she tried to sugar coat with "i love you"s after the fact.
This was my crash test. And it was a crash, and burn.
On the other hand , my daughter asked to go to church with me this morning again. I am delighted with this. She also spent time tryimg to help her brother with his situation. Even knowing she would probably get disappointed in the end, at least she tried.
I know this hasnt been a very enlightening, or even upbeat post. But this is the real world. This is the stuff that happens to real people. And it's not always pretty, happy or shiney.
But , for me, it's always a learning process.
And "that which does not kill us makes us stronger"- Conan the Barbarian

Blessings!

1 comment:

Celestial Stranger said...

I am so sorry that this happened. Let me know if there is anything you need. Perhaps a sooner then expected coffee date. :)