Like "everybody" , they are concerned about the state of our nation , especially as it relates to their household budget.Some days (when i am at my most negative) i join in on the banter.
But mostly, i am just sick of hearing about it.
Geeze.....when are the elections gonna be over already?
Then i can start griping about football. LOL!
Never mind, i have the perfect solution. I've been collecting these wonderful gems in my favorites- just waiting for the right moment to unleash them here.
- http://www.newdream.org/blog/?p=301 i was able to state my "pledges " this year to #'s 1,2,3,5,6,9, & 10.Although i originally wrote a detailed list explaining each, i figured--what the hay? you're gonna have to figure out your own, anyway!
- http://freegan.info/ now i know who posts on "dumpster diving" as a hobby
- http://www.owenkelly.net/737/dalai-lamas-18-rules-for-living/-a few reminders for all of us. I especially like #'s 8,11,15,16, & 18. they sort of resonate with me in general.
- http://www.one.org/international/issues-this site is especially close to my heart. If you think we have a crisis in the United States note this quote specifically:
- "Together, unclean water and poor sanitation are a leading cause of child mortality: an estimated 5,000 children die daily from severe diarrhea, which is spread through poor sanitation and hygiene. A baby born in Africa is over 500 times more likely to die from diarrhea than a child born in Europe or the United States.
- On average, women in the developing world walk six kilometers each day to collect water, time which could be spent in school or at work. In total, the World Health Organization estimates that 40 billion working hours are spent collecting water each year in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Studies show that more than half of girls who drop out of primary school in sub-Saharan Africa do so because of a lack of separate toilets and easy access to safe water. "
Now, i know that if you do go to each of these sites and actually read , understand and reflect deeply on the message each is trying to give us, you'll probably be feeling a little woozy. I usually feel a bit superficial, materialistic, and ungrateful ( being a "recovering" serial consumer-still with many issues). So i MUST also include the following:
- http://www.energyfiend.com/death-by-caffeine-wow! only 71 cups til my untimely death!
- http://www.zefrank.com/annie/navigation.html- oh please click on every single short clip! they are absolutely hilariousOk,so there ya have it. My "list " of the day.
Hope you have a nice one!